How is social distancing going for you? I am loving it but still going a bit stir crazy. As an introvert, I love not socializing but I am a very adventurous introvert. I like to go out in my community and explore new places, I just prefer to do it alone. During this time I have decided to attempt journaling and yoga. I originally planned on doing yoga daily but so far that hasn’t happened. Every other day seems to be a good sweet spot for that. Journaling will begin next week. I decided to go ahead and write out a list of journal prompts so I am not just staring at a blank page. Feel free to join my daily journaling and if you are on Instagram share it by using #TECoJournal.
- What has been the hardest part of social distancing for you? Why is it hard?
- What has been your favorite part of social distancing? Why is it your favorite?
- What has astounded you most about the current situation?
- Make a list of things you are currently grateful for.
- Where would you travel if you could be anywhere in the world right now? Why would you go there?
- Who brightened your day today (or yesterday if you are a morning writer)?
- When was the last time you felt really excited about something? What was it?
- What is something you have accomplished in the past few days that you are proud of?
- Make a list of songs that you are loving right now. Go ahead and play them all to boost your mood!
- Write out three goals you’d like to work towards in the next month. How can you break these down into baby steps so that they are more manageable?
- What’s your favorite food? Are there any special memories tied to this food that make it your favorite?
- Make a list of things that are self-care for you. Try and do at least one today.
- What is a quote that inspires you or means a lot to you? What does it mean to you?
- Make a spring or summer bucket list to try and complete this year.
- That thing that has been making you feel guilty or bugging you. Write it out. Write it out and figure out why it makes you feel guilty or why it has been bugging you. Sometimes that is all we need to help sort things out in our head.
- Let’s talk about colors! What color makes you feel happy? What color makes you feel cozy or relaxed? Are these colors in your home? How can you add these colors into your home?
- What is a skill you’ve always wanted to learn? Is it something you can start learning now? If it is, make a plan to learn it. If it is something that has to wait, research it and see how you can make it work in the near future.
- Sit someplace in your house and close your eyes. Listen to what’s going on for 5 minutes. Write about it.
- Describe yourself using only positive words.
- Make a list of books you’d love to read. If you have a few extra dollars to buy a book go ahead and buy it. You can find some great deals on books over at Thriftbooks.com (not sponsored or anything).
Well there you have it. 20 prompts to get you started with journaling during self-distancing. If this craziness goes past 20 days I will add some more journal prompts later.